Guysborough Waste Management Facility is owned and operated by the Municipality of the District of Guysborough. The municipality has 20 year waste disposal agreements with 16 other municipalities including all of Cape Breton, Antigonish, Pictou and Guysborough counties.
At the Guysborough Waste Management Facility there is a:
- Second Generation Landfill
- Recycling Transfer Station
- Windrow Composting Operation
- Construction and Demolition Waste Diversion Site
- Household Hazardous Waste Facility
Accepts for Diversion Programs:
- Metals including fridges and other large appliances
- Asphalt Shingles
- Clean Wood, Leaf and Yard Waste
- Construction and Demolition Wood
- End-of-Life Electronics
- Textiles drop-off location
- Propane Tanks
- Cooking Oils
- Motor Oils
- Motor Oil Filters
- Motor Oil Containers for Recycling
- Batteries (all sizes)
- Household Hazardous Waste
- Fluorescent Bulbs and CFLs
Curbside Collection Program:
Guysborough collects garbage and recycling on alternating weeks, the organic green cart is collected weekly.
Monthly Bulky Waste Collection:
Held the last collection day of the month (not including December).
Special Bulky Waste & Household Hazardous Waste Drop-off :
Watch for details here and in the Municipal Newsletter.
Guysborough Waste Management Facility location:
151 Waste Management Road,
Highwayy 16 Boylston, Guysborough County