The Guysborough Waste Management Facility is owned and operated by the Municipality of the District of Guysborough. Since 2006, the Municipality has held waste disposal agreements with 15 municipalities; capturing municipal solid waste from all sectors across CBRM, Victoria, Richmond, Inverness, Antigonish, Pictou and Guysborough counties.
At the Guysborough Waste Management Facility there is a:
- Second Generation Landfill
- Recycling Transfer Station
- Windrow Composting Operation
- Construction and Demolition Waste Diversion Site
- Residential Household Hazardous Waste Drop-off
Accepts for Diversion Programs:
- Metals including fridges and other large appliances
- Asphalt Shingles
- Clean Wood, Leaf and Yard Waste
- Construction and Demolition Wood
- End-of-Life Electronics
- Textiles drop-off location
- Cooking Oils
Residential Household Hazardous Waste:
- Used Motor Oil & Glycol Management Program
- Batteries (all sizes)
- Paint & Empty Paint Cans
- Propane Tanks
Curbside Collection Program:
Guysborough collects garbage and recycling on alternating weeks.
The green cart with organics is collected weekly.
Curbside Bulk Waste Collection:
Normally held the last collection day of the month (not including December).
Refer to the collection schedule or call the Guysborough Waste Management Facility for more information.
Examples of Items Acceptable for Curbside Bulk Waste Collection:
- Beds/Mattresses/Box Springs
- Office Furniture
- Lawn Furniture
- Auto Tire (under 20″)
- Electronics (place small items together in a bag or box)
- Toys (Individual item Must be too big for a regular sized garbage bag and weigh more than 50 lbs.
Examples of Items NOT Acceptable for Curbside Bulk Waste Collection:
- Construction Debris
- Windows & Doors
- Auto Parts
- All Automotive Parts (exception tires under 20″)
- Equipment/Machinery Parts
- ATV Parts
- Yard Waste
- Trees & Limbs
- Weeds & Grass Clippings
- Fence Posts & Fencing
- Other Compostable Materials
- Excludes all items (except electronics) that fit into a regular sized garbage bag & weight less than 50 lbs or 23kg
Special Bulky Waste & Household Hazardous Waste Drop-off :
Watch for details here and in the Municipal Newsletter.
Guysborough Waste Management Facility location:
151 Waste Management Road,
Highway 16 Boylston, Guysborough County